Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Ebay authorization to use Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whj987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Ebay authorization to use Gixen Reply with quote

Item # 323678763264
I updated my authorization on ebay but gixen is not recognizing this fact, what do I do? Gixen will not let me bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check that it has been updated on the Settings page (second section) and if not try to do it again.

I would also suggest logging off and then back on again just to reset everything.

You must not wait too long on the settings page before doing the update, otherwise it won't work because the token you pass to Ebay is generated when you first go on to that page and it expires after a few minutes.
whj987

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Ebay authorization to use Gixen Reply with quote

Item # 323678763264
Gixen keeps telling me that the item # or the bid is not correct. They are both correct. Also said seller may not ship to the US. Contacted him and says he will ship to US. He tried to edit his ad but could not change shipping. What do I have to do to get gixen to accept my bid? Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's rejected because of your location you would need to change your account to have a shipping address that the seller does allow, that would appear at this point to be only those in the United Kingdom.

Otherwise you would need the seller to change the listing to allow it, my guess is Ebay is not allowing the seller to change the shipping options because there are already bids... Either that or they just don't want to, and potentially having to list it all over again and loose all the bids they've already picked up would not be worthwhile.

You do need to get the listing to be in a state where you can place a manual bid, otherwise no tool will be able to place a bid on your behalf, so I'd advise you to concentrate on that, not on Gixen at this point.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

whj987

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Ebay authorization to use Gixen Reply with quote

Item # 323678763264

I just went to my ebay and made a small bid and it was accepted so I don't think the problem lies with ebay. What do I do now. Wayne
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,

These are two completely different issues. For shipping problem - if you are able to bid manually on an item, Gixen will also be able to bid.

For the eBay authorization problem - you have to renew it from the settings page. Do not mix this with Gixen Mirror subscription, this is completely different.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mario says, if you are able to bid on it you really should be able to add it as a snipe to Gixen.

What exactly is the error message you are getting now when you try to add it ?
whj987

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Ebay authorization to use Gixen Reply with quote

Message says
Could not add this item-auction number or money format not valid
[323678763264,GBP 55.00].
Both seem to be correct. Thanks, Wayne
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't put GBP (or any currency) into the bid box, only numbers to two decimal places are accepted.

Bid amounts are always in the currency of the auction, as on Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.