Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Different prices for renewal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seeking_par

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Different prices for renewal Reply with quote

Hi, I logged into Gixen and got a notice my subscription was about to expire. Whoops, better renew it so I can bid with confidence! Remembered that 1) it's about $6/year and 2) there is an option to buy a two year subscription so you can literally set it and forget it. When I clicked on the link (please don't yell at me, Mario, it wasn't the link in Settings) it took me to PayPal as expected and asked me for $8 for a one-year subscription. I poked a couple of the very limited options but couldn't find any alternatives like the two-year subscription. I shrugged my shoulders at the price - you've saved me more than $2 many times over, Mario! - and paid. I went back into Gixen, placed my snipe bid and out of curiosity, clicked on Settings where I saw the one-year subscription is still $6 and there is indeed a two-year subscription for $11. At that point I started sweating that I'd been somehow phished because no darnit, I am so comfortable with Gixen that I didn't doublecheck all the URLs and links. Finally I decided everything is probably okay because I received all the expected emails - from Gixen, from PayPal, my credit card company alerting me to a purchase, etc. - but wanted to make you aware of what made this a memorable experience!
Rickajho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Log in and go to our gixen settings page to see all available options for the mirror service. The prices for one-tine, nonrecurring payments for the mirror service are higher than the cost for who elect to do automatically renewed (aka subscription) payments. The different payment options have been in place for quite a while.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.