Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Seller pulled the rug out

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Seller pulled the rug out Reply with quote

I've been doing fine with Gixen so far but I recently had a seller pull the rug out from under me. It was a plain, ordinary 6-day auction. I stored my bid in Gixen on the first day. Last night I went to bed and, this morning I woke up to find the auction ended. There hadn't been an option to buy it now or make an offer but apparently the seller had done that. I checked the sold items and the item I was bidding on had been sold for a much lower than my Gixen bid. There is now a totally different item up for auction in its place and that's where my Gixen bid would have gone if I had not caught it in time to delete it.

I know that sellers end auctions early but this is the first time a totally different item showed up totally replacing the original auction.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, a seller can either change the listing (providing there are no bids when they do), or they can end the auction early to sell to the highest bidder at that time (though I find it odd that a seller would ever want to do that), but not both.

What is the auction number of this item that has both sold and been changed ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Seller pulled the rug out -or- take the money and run Reply with quote

The seller received an offer (even though there was no make-an-offer button on he auction) and changed the auction to a buy-it-now for the amount of the offer.

I don't like the idea that every auction has an invisible buy-it-now button. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.