Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Quick question - easy to answer by Gixen community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dberry4000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Quick question - easy to answer by Gixen community Reply with quote

Hi Gixen and community, I have a super simple question.

I'm sort of new to Gixen and sniping (I subscribed shortly after winning a few auctions) and I'm a believer that Gixen is an outstanding service at a very fair price.

Now, the only time I see an ad is when I go to the Gixen log in page. I've always wondered exactly when Gixen can make revenue off of an ad because I think if Gixen could make even one cent off of me clicking an ad I would do it. In fact, I have done it.

Just today I clicked an ad on Gixen for a company selling flying drones. Nice, expensive drones with high definition cameras, etc. The ad was informative, I read it all, but I can't say I purchased because those are still a little out of my price range.

Without giving me any details or specifics, does it help Gixen financially if I click an ad? I don't have a problem doing it, especially if I thought it helped Gixen's bottom line in any way.

Ads don't bother me, except for the sites that overwhelm and abuse and slow their page down smothering content with ads (I'm looking at you Yahoo). Gixen's ads aren't like that. You get one easy to read ad in one predictable spot, click it or leave it. I'd cheerfully click the advertiser's bait on occasion if I thought it would help here on Gixen.

I've always wondered this since subscribing. Tonight I'm just going to ask. No specifics, just tell me if it helps or doesn't matter.

Thanks all!
Help

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's is pay for click to best to subscribe to help gixen, Google pay for click is just paid for click not very much per click but all helps,. I don't believe gixen has any links that pay for purchase
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it helps, but in terms of revenue, it's fractions of a penny per click.

Your Mirror subscription is much more significant in terms of supporting the service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.