Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Paying

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindsayu81

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Paying Reply with quote

Hi there,
I am a bit confused about paying. Can I ask if I subscribe to paying ÂGBP 6.00 a year, can I stop paying if I decide to stop? I have been using this for a while, so happy to support if it is just ÂGBP 6 a year. Otherwise am I ok to use the service as normal?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's USD 6.00, not GBP, and yes. In fact, every payment must be user-initiated, it's not renewed automatically.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Payment plans? Reply with quote

I've just received an E-Mail (from noreply (the 'a' sign it won't let me put) gixen.com) mentioning:

1-year Mirror, new subscription or renewal ($6, recurring):

2-year Mirror, new subscription or renewal ($11, recurring):

1-year Mirror, new subscription or renewal ($8, non-recurring):

2-year Mirror, new subscription or renewal ($14, non-recurring):

So I thought I'd look on here. I cannot seem to see any announcement ref this, and this is the 1st time I've ever had a message from that E-Mail address? Is this a Scam? It appears legit, but I am always wary.

I then thought, after searching the forums, that I'd look up the prices. You know it is actually rather hard to find the prices on this site. Could they not be made more easily available, as a business, to do so is wise. As you then engage people to get on board. could it not be more readily accessable? Perhaps it is just me, but all I could get to was the $8 option. Could this be rectified somehow, or confirmed?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've received the same, from what I can see it's legitimate.

I agree with your other comments.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went through to pay, I don't need to, but wanted to see what would happen. From the site it only appeared to offer the $8 option. From the message I can do the recurring payment, but it appears to show me that I can pay via PayPal? I use PayPal all the time, but I didn't know you could do recurring payments using it? Because you have to sign in for security every time you actually pay for anything via PayPal. That didn't seem to add up, as how can you do a recurring payment and sign in every year?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now do recurring payments, via Paypal, for my mobile phone contract, so it's certainly possible to pre-authorise future payments now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew that, explains that one. I'll leave it till my subscription runs out at the end of 2024. What I think would be good, is if Gixen did a 5 year payment option, with a reduction for it. That way Gixen has the money there and then, rather than wait for it to roll in each year. The interest o the amount alone might make it valid. I might buy one just so I can forget about it. I don't know if I suggest that elsewhere.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 years is too long, and I feel unconformable charging that far into the future.

And it's true, while there was no announcement, there are recurring and non-recurring options now. It's effectively a price hike, but the least painful one, and the first one after more than a decade. $6 (and $11 for two years) pricing can now be preserved with paypal subscriptions, and one-off payment options are now slightly more expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.