Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Let people know about bidding problems prior to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mok122cobra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Let people know about bidding problems prior to Reply with quote

Is there any way to implement something in Gixen to tell the user that a snipe will not execute due to some sort of hold on the account? Today I set three snipes to execute (three items ending at the exact same time). Everything seemed well and then when it came time for the snipe to execute I get:

"This item cannot be purchased since you have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) in the last 1 month(s). This item cannot be purchased since you have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) in the last 1 month(s)."

I could have used an alternative account to make the bids but due to this I lost almost $1500 in potential profits. This has happened before too, which has been very aggravating to say the least!
mok22cobra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it cannot let the user know, one option would be to snipe from another user account if the first one does not work.
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to prevent things like this from happening is to put in an early manual bid to see if it goes through.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
PMD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]If you would pay for your bids you would not get the message. Why dont you pay for them?/size]
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Blagbox

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that.
If you paid when you're meant to it wouldn't be a problem.
Why ask Mario to provide a solution to a problem you've needlessly created?

I sell quite a lot and I generally have at least one or two buyers every week that don't pay, and quite a few that don't pay for up to a week even though I stipulate in my listings payment within 48 hours.

Some will be very apologetic and say 'sorry, I was away for the weekend' or 'there was a family crisis' which is fair enough (though often I suspect, a lie).
Others will message me and say is it ok if they pay in a couple of days, after they get paid, which is fine if they let me know within 12 hours or so.

Most just ignore payment reminders and make no contact at all so I let eBay give them a non-paying strike and re-list the item.
I even had one buyer who didn't pay for 5 days despite being sent reminders. When he did eventually pay he then claimed the item never arrived (which I'm sure was a lie) so I had to refund them.

I have restrictions ON preventing just such non-payers bidding because frankly they are a pain in the ass! Please God, don't make it easier for them.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a way to do this... and in fact I will ask eBay at the coming ebay developer conference - an ability to see ahead of time if anything will block the bid would be very useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.