Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Alternative Income Stream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdelisle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Alternative Income Stream Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been suggested before but is it possible for Gixen to take a small payment for every successful bid? I was thinking something as small as 20c as even this adds up when spread across all the users who use it.

Of course, if this is too hard I would understand but given most of us use PayPal on eBay I would think that it would be simple enough for you to create a method whereby a successful Snipe would debit a members PayPal account.

I only mention this as I use Gixen so infrequently that it is not worth becoming a member but I would be happy to pay up to 50c for a winning Bid. No more though.

You could theoretically debit monthly which would allow you to offer discounted rates to users who win more often or even cap it at a certain level.

Of course, this is irrelevant if it is not actually possible.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with such small payments is, I believe, the charges that Paypal impose on the seller of the service, which in this case is Gixen.

For such small amounts Gixen ends up paying most of it in PayPal fees and it's just not worthwhile the effort of implementing a more complicated system like that which would then result in even less payback than is achieved with the current charging model.

Have you considered purchasing Gixen 'Chunks' ?

You only use those when you need them and therefore choose to enable them.
sdelisle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Alternative Income Stream Reply with quote

Oh, I thought PayPal just took a percentage or any payment so it would not matter how small the amount was. Anyway, it was only an idea.

I did not know about Chunks - I will investigate. Thank you.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To find out more about chunks, log in to your Gixen account and go to your Settings page. You'll see the link to buy chunks, as well as a Gixen Mirror Pay-Per-Use balance.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quietly added this payment model. "Gixen Mirror Pay-Per-Use" is now available and pricing is "1%, 20c minimum, $5 maximum per winning bid".

Traditional Gixen Mirror ($6/year) and even Mirror Chunks ($6 for 6 15-day subscription) is still a better deal, except for users who use Gixen very infrequently.
Dottyglynis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Alternative income stream Reply with quote

I suggested a donation button a few days ago.
I now find the comment "I quietly added this payment model. "Gixen Mirror Pay-Per-Use" in the above post.
It would be fine for an occasional user like myself but it really was added quietly - I can't find it !!! How do I set it up or do I need to update this version somehow ?
Please advise.

Regards

Glynis
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glynis,

dottyglynis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Donation Reply with quote

Hi

Found it and done it.

Thanks

It would be a more obvious choice on your front page.

Regards

Glynis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.