Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Mirror bid not working.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr4ntc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Mirror bid not working. Reply with quote

Hi

Hope you can help!

I think the service is excellent, and use it most of the time, in fact so pleased I extended my Mirror subscription by a further year. Prior to renewing, I would always see 2 bids on any item, one I assume being the mirror. However since renewing I am only getting 1 bid. I have checked this a few times. and can only assume the mirror isn't working ?

I have changed no settings that would effect this and the status confirms the subscription has been updated.

Is there something else I need to do?

thanks in advance....
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got your Offsets set to be exactly the same time ?

That is the only scenario in which you'll ever see two bids, and then only because Ebay is not quick enough to recognise that two bids of the same amount have been placed from the same account.

I do also have both my offsets set the same, but I still don't often see two bids, generally Ebay is fast enough to detect the duplication and reject one of them, as it always does when they are sent at slightly different times.

I don't think it's a cause for concern, the Mirror is certainly working, its just you are not needing it right now because Gixen is being so reliable on your snipes and getting them in without the need for a backup... but it's certainly nice to have it there should anything untoward happen to one of the servers, isn't it ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark

Yes I agree...

Ok both are set to 6 seconds and as mentioned I would always see two bids. Both are still set to 6 seconds as before and I now after re-subscribing I only see one bid. I Just cant understand why its changed?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could just be that Ebay has got better at detecting duplicate bids that occur within the same second.

I can't see any problems with the Gixen side of things at the moment.

I guess it's also possible that the Main and Mirror have a few more milliseconds difference in their timings, such things can vary slightly from month to month. when servers are located a long distance apart.

If you are seeing a difference I do agree something has changed, I'm just not sure that there is anything worth investigating here.. and there certainly doesn't seem to be anything that should be concerning us, as users, right now.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is right. In my experience, seeing two bids recorded in a bidding history is the exception rather than the rule, even when your offsets are set to be the same. After all, the main and mirror servers are quite far apart geographically, so the time it takes each bid to reach eBay will differ, and the difference will vary depending on the network traffic along the two paths (much like the difference in time it takes to drive to work on different days).

I have my offsets set at 4 seconds on the main server and 3 seconds on the mirror server and still occasionally will see both bids recorded, but only occasionally.

As long as you see on your Gixen page that both bids were sent (by checking both the main and mirror tabs), there is nothing to investigate. In fact, I'm surprised that you were seeing duplicate bids more than just occasionally.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Thanks both for your help, I really don't think i would of been concerned had every other listing always indicate 2 bids!

but much appreciated...
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these snipes you are placing in groups? Grouped snipes are never mirrored.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.