Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID TO ACTIVATE GIXEN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuriousQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: BID TO ACTIVATE GIXEN Reply with quote

There have been two auctions that I lost - and couldn't understand why. Under both circumstances, my bid was placed hours earlier, and was higher than the winning bid. I had put a maximum amount in my Gixen bid to cover another higher vote. I was within the eBay restrictions of bidding 0.50 increments.

How could my 'last' Gixen bid be hours before the winning bidders bid - especially if my maximum was higher than the winning bid?

The only thing I DIDN'T do was place a 'starting minimal bid' on eBay itself - i.e., $0.06 bid over the starting $0.01.

Is it necessary to have made a bid in order to have your 'name in the hat', so to speak, for your last second bid to be accepted? In other words, do I have to make a $0.06 bid - and then do nothing more and let Gixen finish the bidding - just to be considered an active bidder?

Thanks for your help.
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is not necessary to have made a previous bid to have Gixen bid for you.

When you say that your bid was placed "hours earlier," do you mean that you entered it in Gixen hours earlier? Remember that Gixen will place your bid 6 seconds (or whatever you have your offset set to be) before the auction closes, no matter how much earlier you add the item to your Gixen list.

If you'd like us to look more closely at what happened, we would need some additional information:
1. What is the auction number?
2. What was the amount of your bid?
3. What was the status that Gixen reported on your Gixen homepage after the auction was over?

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.