Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How to change Gixen username and password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janniebaygix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: How to change Gixen username and password Reply with quote

How do you change your Gixen username and password? I don't see it in Settings, although I may be missing it. I'm not talking about transferring your mirror subscription to another username. I mean changing your Gixen login username and password (or just the password). Thanks, Jan
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change your password, attempt to log in to your Gixen account. You will be directed to a page asking you if you forgot your password, with a link to reset it.

I know. That's a little convoluted, but it's the method that is available. Perhaps we can convince Mario to provide a way to change your password directly.

There is no way to change the username associated with your account. To obtain an account with a different username, you'll have to create another account with that username and then transfer your mirror subscription from your old account to the new one. This is by design: Making it difficult to change your username makes it easier to keep track of Gixen accounts and provide support to Gixen users.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
janniebaygix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> This is by design: Making it difficult to change your username...

Then it should be made clear that the forum username is different from the Gixen username. The confusion is exacerbated by the fact that there is no login for the forum. In other words, when you click the Community tab, it takes you to a page that has a Forum list and a login right above the list with fields for Username and Password, followed by a Log in Now button. A user could easily think that it is a login for the Community/Forum (I did).

Btw, how do you delete a Gixen account? Thanks, Jan
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is clear that the forum username is distinct from your Gixen username. As you've seen, when you post a reply on the forum, you are not asked to log in; rather, you are asked to type in a username (which could be anything) and type in a CAPTCHA.

There is not a way for you to delete a Gixen account. What you should do is unlink the account from eBay (which incapacitates the account by removing its capability to place bids on eBay). You can do this by following the Unlink eBay account link found in the Settings page for that account. I think the system eventually purges inactive accounts, but Mario would have to verify that statement.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

So this doesn't matter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I think it is clear that the forum username is distinct from your Gixen username.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Not at all clear, imo.

> What you should do is unlink the account from eBay

Yes, already did that a while ago, but would really like to delete the account (I'm fine if the system eventually does it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.