Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto group of snipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f5seth

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Auto group of snipes Reply with quote

I would love a feature to quickly group a bunch of snipes. Sometimes I don't plan or forget to group bids. It would be great to use the check boxes to set a bunch of bids into a new group.

I didn't see this as a current feature. All I noticed was the delete button for the check boxes. A Group button would be great too.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite surprised that you are the first to have suggested this, but I think you are.

If it were to prove popular with others... by them also posting here then it might receive some consideration, in due course.
aasophiashelby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, a check box to group items together quickly would be very nice. Very Happy
easy_group_bids

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Great idea! Reply with quote

I think this would be wonderful to be able to group items. Even better would be check a bunch of items and set them all to be part of the same group at the same bid.

As best I can tell, it is currently necessary to enter bids one item at a time.

I often want to group 20 items together and bid the same amount on each of them and would be great to select all 20 and enter the bid amount and group name once, instead of having to do so 20 times...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Great idea!

paulbryan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Group button Reply with quote

Definitely would like this.
I just entered a bunch of Snipes and had to go back through them and change the Group.

What would be also nice in this feature is to make it a general edit where all the checked items would be updated for Bid, Group, Comment.
remark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Group button Reply with quote

paulbryan wrote:
Definitely would like this.
I just entered a bunch of Snipes and had to go back through them and change the Group.

What would be also nice in this feature is to make it a general edit where all the checked items would be updated for Bid, Group, Comment.

This is basically what I came here to suggest. I was honestly surprised when I first saw that "delete" was the only batch action available.
scootsah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Auto group of snipes Reply with quote

Yes, I agree that this would be a very helpful feature!
matthewk

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Um, can't you sort of do that now... Reply with quote

Can't you edit your auction in the desktop client and change it from a regular auction to a bid group? Or did you want a way to do them more quickly than that?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I see with "quickly group a bunch of snipes" and any type batch grouping or editing is it's only going to add confusion.

As it is many new users don't read the FAQ page and misinterpret the purpose of grouped bids. Seems to me this would only lead to even more complaints of "Why did gixen cancel my grouped bids?", thinking that grouping snipes is a feature used to simply organize bids - which it isn't.

02ยข

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.