Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Incorrect highest bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cherise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Incorrect highest bid Reply with quote

Hi, so I've bid on the following item via Gixen 162840210890 and when I log onto my account, it shows my highest bid and the "current" highest bid on the item but the current highest bid is not updated with the actual highest bid, which makes me concerned that Gixen is not working in real time and I might lose my item?
Also, I have not received any email notifications from Gixen, is this normal?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normal operation.

Gixen only checks back with Ebay periodically what the current price is. This occurs slightly more often as the end of the auction approaches.

With so many users and even more snipes it would be impossible to update prices in real time, the resources required to do that are, prohibitive.

If it is a requirement for you to see more frequent updates to the prices you might want to consider using the Gixen Desktop Manager, that uses your own computers resources to retrieve the auction price direct from Ebay.

In any case the auction price is provided for convenience only, and does not impact on the sniping software that places the bids.

When sniping you do, of course, need to do more research on the value of items, since otherwise you are not going to know what others are likely to bid towards the end of the auction.

With respect to notifications, with an active Mirror subscription you can turn email notification on, on your Settings page... but obviously notification that the auction price now prohibits a bid being placed will only occur once Gixen makes its periodic checks.

If the result of such notifications is that you are likely to increase the amount of your snipe, then you should really be considering increasing your snipe bid anyway, otherwise you are likely to be disappointed, your snipe bid should always be at the maximum you are willing to pay for an item, any more and you're happy to walk away knowing the high bidder has paid too much, as far as you are concerned.

If such notification is going to cause you to cancel your snipe and look for alternatives, perhaps you should consider using he Group facility that allows you to automatically schedule multiple snipes but be sure you are only going to win one from the Group, since as soon as you win one, those remaining get cancelled.
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way: The whole point of using Gixen is to place your bid so near the end of the auction that other bidders are unable to respond to it. Once one understands this, it makes no sense to respond to other people's bids. Instead, one would enter the maximum amount they would be willing to pay and then let Gixen do the rest.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
DannoXYZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to bid on ebay 122910117566

I entered $176.57 on item in Gixen.

Went to website to check and it's $261 with ME as highest-bidder!!!

How do I withdraw completely from this auction? Since I don't know how high my actual hidden bid is on item.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannoXYZ, Gixen did not place bid on this auction, ever. Have you placed it yourself manually, or use some other service?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.