Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Input Transfer Terminated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Input Transfer Terminated Reply with quote

Hi there. I received the following error message, which I had not come across before and wondered what the issue was (NB The snipe still worked correctly and the item was won):

Input transfer has been terminated because your request timed out.
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I've never seen that error before. I'm glad to hear your snipe went through anyway.

This is a technical question only Mario would be able to answer. To ask him directly, send an email to the Gixen support address by following the instructions on the Contact page.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a Mirror subscription, and if so was it won by the other server (look on the other tab for a different status against this snipe) ?

It would just be interesting to know exactly how this error manifests itself.
oscarn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: RE: Input Transfer Terminated Reply with quote

Hello both. Yes, it was won by the Mirror server.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: RE: Input Transfer Terminated

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting back to us.

So, my guess would be that, there was a temporary issue, at that moment, somewhere on the internet, that prevented your bid request getting through from the server that had the error message... but that fortunately the problem was not so widespread that the second server wasn't able to get the job done...
which is exactly the situation that the Mirror option was designed and implemented to address.

As John says, if you would like Mario to look into this specific instance in more detail to see if there is anything that could and should have been done on the Gixen server in question, that might have helped, then please contact him directly as detailed above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.