Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bidding on an item with BIN priice i am ignoring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistiboxer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: bidding on an item with BIN priice i am ignoring Reply with quote

here's a problem (for me),, gixen did not allow me to place a bid because it had a BIN price of 14.50.. and I wanted to try to win it cheaper but wanted to still grab it in case someone set a 14.50 max on it.. and so.. they won it for 1.50. the seller did not make the BIN go away, otherwise that never would have been a problem. I guess that must be an ebay problem. ebay should let you bid more *whenever* you want. i was already taking the gamble to win it for less... but ebay didn't let me do it??... maybe ebay asks the question about bidding and it wasnt something gixen can respond to?

222748746497 is the number

thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently Ebay will only accept bids that are below the Buy It Now price.

So, yes, this is something that is in Ebay's control... if you would like it changed it is only them that can make the necessary changes to allow it.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowledge is power. I would recommend reviewing eBay's BIN rules.

Since this listing was in the Clothing category, the BIN would be active until the bidding reached 50% of the BIN (or $7.25 in this case).

If you were willing to pay $14.50 for this item, you could have just exercised the BIN and it would have been yours. After all, somebody else could have done that and the result for you would have been the same: somebody else would have won the item.

Now that you know that eBay will not accept bids equal to or more than an active BIN, if you insist on bidding in the hope of winning for a minimal price, then here are a couple of ideas:

1. Place a manual bid of half the BIN in order to deactivate the BIN, and then set your snipe at whatever level you like.

2. Set your snipe bid below the active BIN and hope that nobody exercises the BIN or bids higher.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.