Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY verification check

View previous topic :: View next topic  
29mile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: EBAY verification check Reply with quote

This message appeared in my snipe box - please advise re item numbers 352219670756 & 222736611134

eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id: We are sorry, but the item you selected may not be purchased due to seller shipping restrictions or due to country-specific import/export or other relevant restrictions.<font color="#BEBEBE" size="

As a result I lost both auctions yet was able to bid manually on each item before the auction ended.

Thanks
29mile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: EBAY verification check Reply with quote

29mile wrote:
This message appeared in my snipe box - please advise re item number

To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identity before you purchase this item. Thank you for your understanding.<br /> &nbsp;<br /> Please follow the direct

As a result I lost the auction yet was able to bid manually on the item before the auction ended.

Thanks
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the bid history for item 352219670756, there were only two bidders, one of whom retracted their bid a day before the auction ended.

Did you make the bid that was retracted? If so, the seller probably blocked your subsequent bid. If not, then where is the bid you claim that you made manually?

Is your manual bid listed in the bid history for item 222736611134?

I ask these questions because it is unlikely that the eBay Trust & Safety error had anything to do with Gixen.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes for item 222736611134 I did post a manual bid earlier. Not suggesting any fault on Gixen's behalf just what to try to avoid the same ebay trust and safety error in future.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These seem like two entirely different and unrelated cases, other than that they both happened on the same account, of course.

For item 352219670756 are you are now saying that you did not place an earlier bid?.. Even though you claim that you did in your first post ?.... But you received the message posted in that first post for that auction ?.. Until this is clarified its hard to make a guess as to what happened.

It would appear that for the second item (222736611134), subsequent to your first bid having been accepted Ebay decided they needed further verification on your account... You'll probably continue to have issues until you complete that additional verification. Is this a fairly new account that you haven't bought much with, yet ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The second item is the one that caused the problem of verification. I have been a member for many years and my account as far a I am aware is fully verified. I will check with ebay directly.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd advise trying to place a few manual bids in order to see if you an replicate the issue via the Ebay site directly, and see what extra information it is they want you to provide to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.