Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Current bid does not change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medsia324

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Current bid does not change Reply with quote

When I hit the import gixen tab the time left changes but the current bid does not change. Is this ok?
arm2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the same problem, cannot trust the value and have to keep checking the true amount and increasing the snipe.

22 h, 3 m, 31 s 4.25 2.20 GBP SCHEDULED actual GBP 17.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the most often asked questions here.

It is normal operation for the price displayed here to lag the price on Ebay, this is because price updates are only done periodically, not in real time. They occur more frequently the closer we get to the end of the auction.

This field is for information only, it does not affect the sniping process at all.

It is not possible to implement real time price updates, the resources required are simply too large to justify the costs that would be incurred in implementing it.

If this is important to you then I suggest investigating the use of the Gixen Desktop Manager, because the unique function of that is to provide you with a configurable price update mechanism. In order to provide that it uses the resources of your own computer, not the Gixen servers.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Medsia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Count down Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. How do I learn more about the Desktop Manager.?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Count down

Medsia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Come ntsown Reply with quote

Can you use it on an iPad?
Ramona

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a link to Gixen Desktop Manager at the bottom left of the Gixen home page. As far as I know, it only works under Microsoft Windows and is not available on Apple devices.

This all begs the question of why you want to know what the current price of the item is, as it shouldn't in any way affect the amount at which you choose to place your snipe bid.
Medsia324

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Bidding Reply with quote

Haven't you ever been curious how the bidding is going?
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we all have. I put auctions I'm going to snipe on my eBay watchlist, which allows me to satisfy my curiosity with up-to-the-second information any time I wish.

Ramona's point is that your bid should not depend on such information. The proper way to bid is to bid once with the maximum amount you'd be willing to pay. This is what eBay recommends on their bidding overview page.

The extra value that entering your bid using a sniping service such as Gixen (or, sniping manually) provides is preventing anyone from probing your bid since the auction will end seconds after your bid is placed. If you bid as recommended by eBay (and us), your chances of winning at a price you're happy with are very high.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.