Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen says that I was OUTBID but I WON

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Gixen says that I was OUTBID but I WON Reply with quote

Realise that this is probably not top of the priority stack with all the other issues surrounding the transition, but I thought that I should report it as it happened with a snipe that I placed AFTER my account had gone through the transition (although the snipe was placed using Gixen Desktop Manager, so perhaps was placed on the "old" system rather than the "new" one?)

Basically both the Main and the Mirror sites (and the post-auction-ending email) said that I had been OUTBID, but eBay says that I have won.

The item number is 172789956787 and there were no bid retractions.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Gixen Desktop Manager is 'working' more by luck than judgement... via the new Gixen credentials.

Since the database is common they do appear to be getting through to the new system on gixen.net... and the sniping engine is picking them up and doing something with them... it's possible there are some slight processing differences between that and having being submitted via gixen.net.

So that snipe is certainly something Mario should take a look at, while bearing in mind how it got on the database in the first place.

Thanks for reporting it... it's certainly interesting...
Ramona

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact same thing has now happened to me with item 332316612264.

Gixen (Main, Mirror and email) all tell me that I've been OUTBID on the item, but I actually won it.

I'm also getting conflicting statuses (AUCTION ENDED EARLY OR SNIPE LATE on the Main and OUTBID on the Mirror) for items that, again, I have won.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramona,

Thank you for reporting this - I believe I have fixed this now for all new snipes.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

legrandmaitre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Says I was outbid but I won. Reply with quote

Just started using Gixen today. I won the above item, but the Desktop Manager and the website say I was outbid. As glitches go, it's hardly the end if the world, but is this a known issue?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legrandmaitre,

I am guessing that, if you only started using the service today, that this snipe was not Mirrored, but I thought I'd better just check ?

If, by some chance, it was Mirrored, did you receive that 'OUTBID' status on both server tabs ?

It's interesting, and perhaps relevant, that there was only ever one bid on that auction, yours, which won it, so there was never any possibility that you could be outbid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.