Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New Integration with Ebay seems to affect bids on Ebay!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joezapp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: New Integration with Ebay seems to affect bids on Ebay! Reply with quote

It seems that the new integration with Ebay is affecting bids placed on Ebay. I can "Buy-It-Now", and I can "Make Offer". But I can no longer bid on ANY Ebay auction without using Gixen. This is the case in any browser, and on any computer, and on any country's Ebay site. Any attempt to enter a bid on Ebay results in "Page Not Responding". It's been happening for weeks.

An example is item number 263168931789 . In this auction I was attempting to make the opening bid on Ebay, as Gixen isn't necessary to make an opening bid, and I had no choice but to attempt the opening bid on Gixen.

Any idea as to why this is occurring?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, I think this is an issue that only Ebay customer support is going to be able to help you with.

It is very unlikely to be related to anything to do with Gixen, you are the first to report any such issue here.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not related to Gixen - I would contact eBay customer support.
joezapp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid and Mario. I've talked to Ebay customer support about this, and if you've ever talked to them about a technical issue, you know that you've only wasted many of your life's minutes away.

Just a shot in the dark, but being that the new Gixen is working more closely with Ebay, I thought I'd ask you this: Are my Gixen login password and my Ebay login password supposed to match? Because I currently don't have them matching. I DID have them match prior to the recent Gixen changeover.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Your Gixen username and password should not match your eBay username and password. You have done the correct thing by ensuring that they don't match.

Just make sure you have authorized Gixen on your eBay account in your Gixen settings.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best advice is that your Gixen id and password should NOT match your Ebay credentials, both should be entirely different, for the sake of your own security.

However, because Gixen no longer knows what your Ebay password is, it can not, and will not, preclude you from having the same one as you have on Ebay, if you so wish and so long as that password meets the criteria set by both Ebay and Gixen for passwords (which, by the way, are quite different).

Gixen does not even preclude you from having the same Gixen id as you have Ebay id.

As I said, it is strongly advised that you choose different ones, as you (and I) have already done.
joezapp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.