Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

can't log in to Gixen, help please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karen2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: can't log in to Gixen, help please! Reply with quote

Hello. I must say I am a little sympathetic with the person a while ago who is freaking out because things aren't working. I am being told I need to register again, and I have, and now the site will not accept my username, or password. So I keep changing my password, but site then says that it isn't acceptable. I have a couple of important items ending in a few hours. Can I get this resolved? Thank you for any help. Sad
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that the password that you are entering is not acceptable ?

I saw someone complaining that it had to be letters an numbers the other day here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8487

Is that the issue and if so can you try choosing a password with just letters and numbers and report back.

Otherwise, at what stage are you getting a failure and what is the message ?

Is Karen2017 your Gixen id ?

What is the Ebay id that you are trying to associate with it ?

BTW It's not the 'freaking out' that I objected to earlier from the other user, it was the tone and content of the language used, totally inappropriate and counter productive to getting those that seek to help on-side.
Karen2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: can't log in to Gixen, help please! Reply with quote

Yes, the password I enter is stated as not acceptable. I have tried it several times and I am sure to put in only letters and numbers, nothing else. When I try to login, I am told to please register. My username is shown, and the dots for the password. Then it also tells me to enter my email, which I do. Then I am to click on next. When I do that, it says " Selected password does not meet the criteria (letters and numbers only)Please choose a password that does. So, I do again, and I get the same thing.

And, yes, my Gixen username is Karen2017
Karen2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: can't log in to Gixen, help please! Reply with quote

Sorry, my eBay id is SewSpecialties268
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: can't log in to Gixen, help please!

Karen2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: can't log in to Gixen, help please! Reply with quote

OK, I read the post just below me and you explained to the guy about having to go through Gixen.net, not Gixen.com now. Sorry, I don't remember being smacked in the head with that information when I reregistered, but maybe it was right there. So, I went to .net, and my snipes are all happily sitting there, so hopefully all works now. I changed my password so many times, I don't know which one is for real now, but I will continue to use the .net. I understand changes are painful for everyone, and I am sure you all are going through a lot of pain with all this. BUT...change is usually good, so will be happy when all becomes normal again. I love the use of Gixen, I have been with you for years and it is amazing the difference you have made in my buying life! Thank you!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep trying gixen.com now...

It IS all coming back here now ... but the transition might still take a few days for some accounts... so if it doesn't work here try gixen.net for a few more days... I'm sure there will be an announcement here once everything is back on the gixen.com site for everyone's accounts.

I do share the frustration that some have expressed here... but, as you say... it is all for the good in the medium term... The evidence does show that the service is becoming much more reliable, day by day.. so, very soon, there are going to be far fewer complaints here.. I hope Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm - everything is back on gixen.com now, and gixen.net, in fact, now redirects back to gixen.com. The transition is officially over.
drobbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: cant log on Reply with quote

I'm the same , cant log on , username not recognised, requested username sent to my email address but no sign of it after 15 minutes - ebay username
User ID classic_consoles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: cant log on Reply with quote

drobbie wrote:
I'm the same , cant log on , username not recognised, requested username sent to my email address but no sign of it after 15 minutes - ebay username
User ID classic_consoles

ive requested the username twice now and neither of them have arrived, its the correct ebay address as i have recent messages from gixen in it
kevin581

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't log on either, had no issues then it kicks me off saying that eBay rejected my password. Now I can't get into Gixen, wan'ts me to register stating "Please sign up first at gixen.com. You cannot any longer log in with your eBay username and password, now you need to sign up and get Gixen username and password." Even though I'm using the log in information that I signed up with during the transition. Really getting tired of waking up and wondering if Gixen will work today.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't receive an automated email within 15 minutes of sending it, please email me. Some email providers filter our Gixen emails as spam. If you have a spam folder, check it first.
sunliv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Was able to login to gixen.net, but now unable to login Reply with quote

I second the original poster. The service no longer recognizes my account, even though I was able to operate until yesterday (when it transferred back to gixen.com). It seems to execute snipes, however, as it executed snipe on an item, which I was unable to delete Mad
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunliv,

The situation has moved on since the original post on this thread.

Everything is back on gixen.com now.

Are you certain that you are entering your Gixen id and password ? Do not, at this stage, use any saved credentials, you have for gixen.com, in fact, if you know how, I recommend that you now delete all credentials you previously saved, in your browser, for gixen.com.

Also ensure you are pressing the 'Log in Now' button and not the 'Sign Up' button.

If that doesn't resolve your issue please try recovering your Gixen id by selecting the;

Quote:
Forgot your Gixen username? You can retrieve it here.

link on the page you get by selecting the 'Sign Up' button.

Then, please report back, what is, and what is not working for you, together with the exact error messages you get at each stage.
Circles26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Changing password Reply with quote

Google forgot my password and apparently so did I. The automatic email doesn't seem to be working and I have yet to receive any response from my email. My user name is Circles26 as is my Ebay name, and .
It's been about a week now. Any help would be appreciated.
mikeh1701

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: PW does not work anymore Reply with quote

Gixen no longer accept my password either. Not sure what to do...
Mikeh1701

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: PW does not work anymore Reply with quote

I should add that I keep getting the message that my PW and username do not match.
millie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: couldn't log on as forgot log in details Reply with quote

Logged on to new site, forgot user name and password BUT paid $6 dollars. If I deregister from ebay, I lose my $6.

So please how to I get my user name and password but NOT lose $6?
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you followed the "forgot username" link and carried out the instructions by entering your registration email?

If you've done all that and can't find the automated email, try checking your spam folder.

Finally, if none of the above helps, email Mario at his support address found on the Contact page (click the Contact tab at the top of the Gixen homepage). Be sure to include your registration email so he can look up your account.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
LARRYTOWN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: PASSWORD NOT RESPONDING Reply with quote

I suppose that as long as my entered snipes are being carried out, then I will wait until everything has settled and just create a totally new ebay and gixen password(,seperate names of course ) as things are starting to get complicated. I am not sure that if I change my Gixen password that it has actually been changed and recognized by both ebay and gixen;otherwise nothing will move forward. I will leave things as they are and just recreate everything in a week or so. GIXEN is not responding to password change request. there is nothing in my email or spam folders and I have done it about 7 times!
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not getting the automated email after trying to use the "forgot password" facility, I would suggest emailing Mario directly at the support address on the Contact page (found by clicking the Contact tab at the top of the Gixen homepage).

Apparently some ISPs are rejecting the automated messages sent by Gixen as spam.

By the way, if you do create another Gixen account, there should be no need to change your eBay password (unless you want to). You'll just need to link your eBay account to your new Gixen account.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: PASSWORD NOT RESPONDING Reply with quote

LARRYTOWN wrote:
I am not sure that if I change my Gixen password that it has actually been changed and recognized by both ebay and gixen;

Your Gixen password certainly won't ever be recognised by Ebay.

With the new technology, your Gixen id is an entirely separate entity from your Ebay id.

Gixen now never prompts for an Ebay id or password, instead you just link your Ebay account to your Gixen account, using the link provided on Gixen...

After that you can, independently, change passwords on both sides without affecting the relationship between the accounts.
1bradleybay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: same problem, not letting me sign in and then does not send Reply with quote

does not let me sign in and does not send me an email.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1bradleybay,

In that case please email Mario at the support address given on the Contact tab above and include both your Gixen and Ebay ids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.