Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

HTTP TIMEOUT(77)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shornebne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: HTTP TIMEOUT(77) Reply with quote

Hi,

I setup two snipes on items 172782267091 and 172782296300. I have a mirror subscription. They both failed with HTTP TIMEOUT (77), and for one item the mirror failed with the same error. My bids would have won both items.

I did read other posts related to the same error, due to an outage but the time my error occur does not seem to match the outage time, and I was wondering why the mirror failed?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Mirror fail for both items or did you win one with it ?...

If the Mirror failed don both, what was the other error ?

Only Mario can look at things across the patch via the logs on the servers, and I think he is quite busy right now, so it may take him a while even to spot this... let alone investigate the details for you.

There were some failures with logging in that were reported this morning (see earlier threads), a temporary internet communications failure at the hosting facility might be a common cause.
shornebne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: HTTP TIMEOUT (77) Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Did the Mirror fail for both items or did you win one with it ?...

If the Mirror failed don both, what was the other error ?

Only Mario can look at things across the patch via the logs on the servers, and I think he is quite busy right now, so it may take him a while even to spot this... let alone investigate the details for you.

There were some failures with logging in that were reported this morning (see earlier threads), a temporary internet communications failure at the hosting facility might be a common cause.

Hi,

On the mirror, one item had the same HTTP TIMEOUT (77) error, the other simply had 'Ended'. I won neither auction from the main or mirror sites. This is the first time I needed the mirror, all my previous bids were successful placed from the main site. I guess I interested to know why the mirror also failed, given I have the mirror subscription to protect against a failure in the main site.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was at least partially my mistake, and I apologize for it.

The main server went down due to hosting facility outage (which is another story, they will be replaced soon), and I was in the midst of making major changes related to the switch to the new Gixen backend. Inadvertently I left a dependency on the mirror server to the database on main database, and this resulted in mirror snipes failing as well when main went down.

Please email me and I will see how I can make this up to you.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.