Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bidding on foreign auctions etc..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gixen n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: bidding on foreign auctions etc.. Reply with quote

Thanks for all the reactions so far. I just tried again to bid on a foreign aution (which was a German only auction again (eBay.DE)) After I got a mail from the seller in which he gave 'permission' to bid from the Netherlands. I wanted to take a screenshot from the extra 'confirmation' page, but the strange thing was that didn't screen appear now. Maybe it didn't because of the permission of the seller?

I understand you guys living in the US don't often have this 'problem', but with the Netherlands being a small country, there's a larger supply in our neighbouring country Germany (which is roughly ten times the size of the Netherlands)

This week I will be sniping several items, I will let you know if there is a problem again, concerning this issue.

Once again, many thanks for the help!
Gixen n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: oops... Reply with quote

I accidently clicked ' New Thread' instead of replying to my original thread.

n00b! Wink
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: bidding on foreign auctions etc.. Reply with quote

Gixen n00b wrote:
This week I will be sniping several items, I will let you know if there is a problem again, concerning this issue.

Yes that would be very helpful, I imagine that in the case you tried it was due to the permissions granted by the seller.

If this does prove to be a problem then its one that Mario can fix... in that case I think he would find it useful not just to see a screenshot of the page but also the HTML that produced it (in Internet Explorer that is available via the View->Source menu option) so if you do see it, it might be useful to email that to Mario at support@gixen.com.

Of course Mario may well have found this previously and coded round it already so we really need to try one with Gixen doing the bidding before we actually know if there is any issue to be addressed at all.
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the seller gives you permission to bid in an email, I would recommend asking them to put you on their Buyer Requirements Exemption List. This will ensure that the system doesn't put any roadblocks in front of your bids. See eBay's help page explaining this at http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html#exemption_list (and send this link to your seller if they don't know what you're talking about).

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juangrande wrote:
If the seller gives you permission to bid in an email, I would recommend asking them to put you on their Buyer Requirements Exemption List. This will ensure that the system doesn't put any roadblocks in front of your bids. See eBay's help page explaining this at http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html#exemption_list (and send this link to your seller if they don't know what you're talking about).

Yes good assuming that the seller can read and understand English Wink
... actually most of Europe is good at that, it's the lazy English (like me) that can't understand the rest of Europe Embarassed

Otherwise you'll have to point them to the equivalent on their own site, and if you don't speak their language their site can be more troublesome to navigate that you might think... unfortuantely they are not even all laid out in exactly the same way Sad
bookimal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Im just wondering, I want to bid on something on the Australian ebay site. Do I enter the amount in Australian dollars?

Thanks
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the listing page, the current price/bid will be posted in the currency of the country for which the auction is being run: this is the currency the bid your bid will be in, whether you bid manually or enter in Gixen.

Thus, if the current price/bid is displayed as AU $10.00, then any bid placed (manually or by Gixen) will be in Australian dollars.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.