Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

First 2 days of Mirror service - a couple success, 1 failur

View previous topic :: View next topic  
verbalkint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: First 2 days of Mirror service - a couple success, 1 failur Reply with quote

Been an ebay user since 1999, have tried various other snipe programs over the years.

Gixen seemed promising. A couple successes on the free account this last weekend, followed by 2 successful snipes (offset 3) after paying for the mirror service... 1 of which was an auction in a standard group.

However, tonight I had a problem. 2 items in a standard group set-up as I had before, the first item in the group ended without any bids from my account despite my max bid of $47.00... the auction ended at $33.64. Same settings as before.

Extremely disappointing with no attempted bids whatsoever. Maybe I'm better off not using the group feature for "must have" items. I'll give it a couple more chances but if I'm burned again, I'll chalk it up to a cheap $6 lesson and a couple blown wins.
verbalkint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just attempted a test snipe within the same group I had issues with tonight. A successful bid. Can't make heads or tails of what happened in the failed attempt other than some sort of web bottle-neck during prime time? (ended at about 7:45pm PDT).

Anyway, 2 for 3 so far. If there is a "must have" auction I may have it ungrouped in order to take advantage of the mirrored bids from both servers... sigh.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the status that Gixen gave the failed snipe after the auction had completed ?
verbalkint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
What was the status that Gixen gave the failed snipe after the auction had completed ?

Mario was kind enough to ping me last night and explained that he saw a an edit to my bid shortly before auction end in the logs. I confirmed I did make a price increase and despite the logs indicating that I made some funky changes AFTER auction end as well (I did not), I'll try to avoid making any changes within the last few minutes to begin with. Really appreciate the response, and the community here. Thanks guys.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.