Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen system is over my own bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vacl.mat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Gixen system is over my own bids Reply with quote

There is something strange that has occurred the last 2 times I have tried to bid on an item. The first time, the system bid my maximum bid right away when the next minimum bid could have been used. This happened on
eBay item number: 142415812321, when the bidding was at 34.01 dollars and the next minimum bid would have been 35.01, but instead the system used my maximum bid right away... The second issue was on Item number:
142415986986, where the system placed a correct minimum bid, but then created an additional bid immediately after that to counter my own bid... Please provide some insight into what is happening with the Gixen system to avoid these obvious errors.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are not errors, this is how Gixen works.

Ebay only makes you pay one bid increment more than the next highest bidder, so this is the most sensible approach. There isn't time to place and react to being outbid multiple times in the last few seconds... and it wouldn't ever make any sense to bid incrementally the minimum amount you are allowed to by Ebay.

Having two exact same bids occurs occasionally when you have both Main and Mirror set to the same offset, so both bids arrive at exactly the same time and both get registered by Ebay... again it is not a problem, because Ebay only ever make you pay one bid increment more than the next highest bidder.. two bids of the same amount on the same account make absolutely no difference to the price you pay for the item, if you win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.