Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Listinghistory.com tie in creating unrealistic price histor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToolAfterlife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Listinghistory.com tie in creating unrealistic price histor Reply with quote

The listinghistory.com tie in with no ability to opt out as indicated by the email I got from support means I can no longer use Gixen. Creating a searchable database of everything I buy, showing the price I paid for it, will destroy my ability to sell things at a profit.

Anyone searching that database will see only listings that had a bid sniping final sale price and give them an unrealistic expectation for what the item is worth and what it should sell for.

Until I can opt out of this, Gixen is no longer viable to me. It will slowly create a searchable price history that will destroy my profit margin on the items I sell. Until this is addressed, I feel I have to find a different sniping service and suggest other resellers do the same.
Toolafterlife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concerns were addressed by support for my personal account. A opt-out option would still be desirable but the number of people this would have a negative effect on is very limited.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you are reading this wrong on multiple levels.

Unless someone knows an item number they can't produce a result.

The price an item sold for is the price the item sold for. Nothing is going to change that.

Changing sniping services would have no impact, since listinghistory lists all sold items - not just items purchased by using a gixen snipe.

Personally it's a great service for me, since eBay now has such a short time frame for being able to call up a listing for a sold item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.