Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE on a snipe that I had actually won

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm hoping to revive this subject, having received a BID UNDER ASKING PRICE on a snipe that I had actually won.

The item (222503280155) had a starting price of $11.99, and zero bids when it went off; I had a max bid of $18.99. The snipe went through and eBay acknowledged that I won at $11.99, as the sole bidder. The snipe worked as far as bidding was concerned—I won the item—but it's being reported as a loss! I'm confused!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom,

The issue isn't really related to this thread.

I presume it was a Mirrored snipe?.. and that the other server reported it as 'Won' ?

In which case this is normal operation, when the other server is a bit later submitting the bid... Ebay won't let that second bid be placed if it recognizes that a bid of exactly the same amount has already been placed by your account.. and hence puts up a screen saying that you need to bid more than that, if you want to place another bid.. hence 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' is what Gixen reports on that server, the same as if the price had already gone to high for a bid to be placed at all.
Thom

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite sorry if I stepped on the intent of the thread (ie, bid increments causing a BID UNDER ASKING PRICE message); I simply searched on the term, initially believed the relationship sufficiently close, and didn't think anyone would mind if I was slightly off topic, given how long the thread had stood dormant.

If the moderator would care to move my query to an appropriate thread I'd be both appreciative and happy to address the issue there. I say that because your informative insight doesn't answer the question in this case: while it was a mirrored snipe, the second server's report was the same as the primary's—"BID UNDER ASKING PRICE."

I thank you much for your help!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I split your post from the thread it was originally posted on, as you requested... So the above discussion may now look a little odd, as a result.

If you got the same 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' status for a snipe on both Gixen servers, you actually won the auction, and you only used Gixen as your sniping service, then it is something that Mario may have to provide an explanation for... or take a closer look at behind the scenes.

He can be contacted directly, via email, at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above. Please provide your Ebay id in all such communication.

You may also like to refer to this thread, so that the explanation can be provided here and thus provide benefit to the whole community.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.