Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Verification code required by eBay, could not log in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianl4482

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

why do i keep getting an error message :

how do i resolve this ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have had it for more than a day, or more than once then the current advice appears to be to change your Ebay password to something stronger ie more difficult to guess...

Also make sure yo answer any additional questions Ebay asks you from time to time when you log in... like confirming your mobile number.

After changing your password I advise not trying to log into Gixen for a day after having changed it. Otherwise occasionally Ebay thinks your account has been hacked, which just makes things worse.
brianl4482

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: still same problem Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If you have had it for more than a day, or more than once then the current advice appears to be to change your Ebay password to something stronger ie more difficult to guess...

Also make sure yo answer any additional questions Ebay asks you from time to time when you log in... like confirming your mobile number.

After changing your password I advise not trying to log into Gixen for a day after having changed it. Otherwise occasionally Ebay thinks your account has been hacked, which just makes things worse.

Have done all that -ie changed password but just had 20 snipes all of which failed on both sites -looks like i can no longer rely on gixen
mag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

brianl4482 wrote:
why do i keep getting an error message :

how do i resolve this ?

Same for me...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in

brianl4482

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: still same problem Reply with quote

brianl4482 wrote:
Cupid wrote:

Have done all that -ie changed password but just had 20 snipes all of which failed on both sites -looks like i can no longer rely on gixen

So bizarrely i got the same error messages at least 1 hour ahead of all the snipes -ie even for those where the auction had not ended -and my first snipe appeared to have worked as normal and then all my other 20 odd snipes got the a priori error message below
CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
Please can you look into this
cheers Brian
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NB when you change your password on Ebay you also need to log into Gixen with that new password, and enter all your snipes again. Changing your password effectively cancels all snipes you currently have scheduled, and I advise deleting them before you do so, in order to avoid future attempts by Gixen to log into Ebay using your old credentials and potentially causing problems even when it tries later with the correct ones.

Gixen automatically cancels all snipes in the near future when it funds it is unable to log into your account.

This is to both protect your Ebay account from further action by Ebay, and the Gixen platform as a whole.

That is why you will get the Canceled status in advance of the actual auction end... it must be caused by an earlier failure... that is where you need to look first for a resolution.

I should have added that if, after following the advice I gave, you still find this occurring then it is best to contact Mario direct, via email, at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above, always include your Ebay id in such emails. He is usually able to get back to you within a day or so.
brianl4482

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: cancelled status on gixen Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
NB when you change your password on Ebay you also need to log into Gixen with that new password, and enter all your snipes again. Changing your password effectively cancels all snipes you currently have scheduled, and I advise deleting them before you do so, in order to avoid future attempts by Gixen to log into Ebay using your old credentials and potentially causing problems even when it tries later with the correct ones.

Gixen automatically cancels all snipes in the near future when it funds it is unable to log into your account.

This is to both protect your Ebay account from further action by Ebay, and the Gixen platform as a whole.

That is why you will get the Canceled status in advance of the actual auction end... it must be caused by an earlier failure... that is where you need to look first for a resolution.

I should have added that if, after following the advice I gave, you still find this occurring then it is best to contact Mario direct, via email, at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above, always include your Ebay id in such emails. He is usually able to get back to you within a day or so.

thanks for this -so as you say i had to renter all my snipes on gixen after i changed my password and i changed my password when i logged back into gixen to check that is had stored my password
i will try and contact mario
cheers ,Brian
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume, from what you say, that you did not delete all your snipes before changing your password on Ebay?

If so that could be the source of the issue as it would have resulted in Gixen attempting, at least once to log into Ebay with the wrong credentials.
vvflorida

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

Hello
I ve this message,
I changed my passeword
but the problems is not resolu
Help me
Thank's
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vvflorida,

If you are still not able to resolve the issue after reading the advice given on this forum, acting on it, and allowing enough time for Ebay to remove the blockage automatically (usually a day or so after any change), please then contact Mario direct via email at the support address give on the Contact tab above. Please include your Ebay id in such communications. Mario is usually able to get back to you within a few days.
frichmout_fr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: could not log in, perhaps an ad issue Reply with quote

I suggest that this problem comes from a advertising page that is inserted randomly by Ebay after connexion.
To avoid that, you have to edit your profile and choose to refuse these advertising screens.
It this can help....
paulszym

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

Annoyingly, I've also just had a Snipe fail with this error.

When I logged out and back into ebay, I received an ebay details confirmation page:

"Help Us Protect your account"
//reg.ebay.com.au/reg/UpdateContactInfo?

which I completed, followed by a confirmation page:

"Thank you"
//reg.ebay.com.au/reg/AccountUpdateSuccess?

I don't know whether the Gixen interaction (the attempted snipe) triggering this warning, or whether it's just unfortunate timing.

But it's frustrating not being able to rely on Gixen for sniping.
At0micandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Status (main): Verification code required by eBay, could not Reply with quote

401303606282 is the item. This has been happening for last two weeks. I have changed my password, cleared cache etc, but still happening. I have now lost a few items because of this. The 'why is this happening link' seems to give out dated advice, it certainly does not work on my Macbook Pro running Sierra 10.12.4 using either Chrome or Safari. Shame, Gixen has worked well for me for a number of years.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At0micandy,

Have you tried contacting Mario direct via email ?
paulszym

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

Hi Cupid: yes - I emailed the "support" address just after my post yesterday, and sent a link to this thread.
co1maine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had this happen for the first time today. I've been a paying customer for the last 3-4 years with no issues at all before today. But I am probably not going to renew the next time (sadly I just renewed within the last month...) if I can't rely on this service to actually work.
paulszym

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

Update: perhaps of interest

Although my Gixen bid on the following auction failed with no bids being placed:

ebay.com.au/itm/272624115109
ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=272624115109&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

The next Gixen bid I ran as a simple test (after going through the ebay identity reconfirmation mentioned earlier in this thread) did work:

ebay.com.au/itm/132155130211

Hope this is helpful/ useful.
paulszym

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

OK, so I've now had a 2nd successful Gixen snipe since responding to the ebay identity verification pages.

The only difference that I can see (or at least that I haven't tested yet) is that neither these recent successful snipes have been within a group (I have yet to test a group snipe).
c35-180

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two bids lost some minutes for this very reason !

PS: strange thing, ctrl+R doesn't reload the page !
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c35-180 wrote:
Two bids lost some minutes for this very reason !

I'm not sure what the 'some minutes' part of this sentence means?

When Gixen is unable to log in, because Ebay is requesting further verification, subsequent snipes are cancelled with the same status to avoid compromising your Ebay account any more than it already is and to avoid sanctions being taken against the whole Gixen service.

c35-180 wrote:
PS: strange thing, ctrl+R doesn't reload the page !

Please do not try to refresh the snipes page this way, it can cause you issues if you done something like editing a snipe since it may redo that edit, which is not what you are intending. If you just want an update without changing anything just push the 'Add' button with no information in the new snipe fields.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.