Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Problem: mirror is returning errors when bidding.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asgardianboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Problem: mirror is returning errors when bidding. Reply with quote

Hi everybody.
I have a paid account. No problem thus far. I am happy with the service.

In some recent auctions, I am reading these 2 errors from the mirror:
------------
CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
-------------
Verification code required by eBay, could not log in
--------------

When I started using this service, II changed my password (made it longer and more complex) specifically to avoid these problems.
I don't know for how long this has been happening.
I have always set the mirror to bid in the latest seconds, but that hasn't ever been a problem as far as I know (I haven't been thoroughly checking, but I have won lots of auctions, checked the emails from the system from time to time, seen nothing weird).

Any idea, support people?

Regards,
m.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Mario can say if this is an issue that is only associated with your account or more widespread for users of the Mirror service.

Since you appear to be the first to report it here I'll assume it is specific to your account for the time being.

Usually when Ebay takes this action against an account it only lasts a day or so. However, if you see Gixen having this specific issue with your account for longer than that, then that it may be worth contacting Mario direct via email at the support address given on the Contact tab above, giving him your Ebay id when you do so.

So looking at what might be causing it... you say 'mirror to bid in the latest seconds' does that mean you set a smaller offset for your Mirror snipes than for the equivalent on the Main server? Which would mean that, usually, it is the Main server that manages to place a bid successfully and, most often, the Mirror is blocked from doing so by the fact that you already have a bid of the same amount placed on the item.

Now, I'm just wondering if that means Ebay sees you logging in from the Mirror but hardly ever placing a bid as an issue... that does appear to be the reason that features like the watch list import facility get blocked by Ebay with Captcha images quite often these days (since that procedure involves logging into your account via a Gixen IP address but does not involve placing any bids). This is, of course, purely conjecture on my part.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Jestre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the correct place, but I also cannot sign into Gixen, and I also have a paid account. I signed out of Ebay and back in to ensure I was using the same credentials (saved in 1Password).
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is 1Password ?

I'd recommend not using a saved password at all when you get this error, type it in again from scratch.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.