Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

maximum bid question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dislilguyhere7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: maximum bid question Reply with quote

I have just a basic question. when you enter your bid amount, will gixen bid that amount no matter what, or will it simply outbid the current highest, with that as the limit? i just want to make sure because I would hate to spend $250 when the second highest bid was on $200 for example.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must be the most frequently asked question on this forum.

I do recommend that everyone reads the FAQ tab above, because it also contains other useful information that all users should find useful.

Alternatively, there is a search function on this forum that can be used to look for similar questions.

So to save you all that, once more:

Gixen places the bid that you ask it to at the time (offset) that you ask it to. However that does not mean that you necessarily have to pay that much if you win.

The way that Ebay bidding works, you only ever have to pay a maximum of one bid increment more than the next highest bidder was prepared to bid.

This is how Ebay proxy bidding is implemented, so it has nothing to do with Gixen, but, of course Gixen is implemented the way that it is because Ebay works that way.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing to be aware of: If you are bidding on an item with a reserve price set, and you place a snipe bid equal to or higher than the reserve, then your bid will jump straight to the reserve price.

Again - this is not a function of gixen. The same thing would happen if you placed a bid on an item with a reserve directly on the eBay site. You snipe bid always follows the eBay rules - that's all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.