Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Outsnipped too many times

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moose

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Outsnipped too many times Reply with quote

Purchased the service recently and despite setting the time to 3 seconds and then lower, still getting outsnipped. I regret getting this service as relying on it made me miss out on some important items.
Moose

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: continuation Reply with quote

And I'd like to add that I've been using Ebay for over a decade now.
There's either a better snipping tool out there or Gixen needs tweaking to better its standards.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are more likely to be outbid by a later snipe, that someone else scheduled at a higher price than you were prepared to pay, the later you schedule your snipe.

This is because you loose the advantage of the bid increment rule being in your favour.

Alternatively, if another bidder is prepared to pay more than one bid increment more than you are, then they will win anyway, no matter when your or their bids are scheduled to be submitted to Ebay.

Both of these are consequences of how the Ebay bidding system works, not something Gixen can have any influence on.
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: First Time User Reply with quote

Used Gixen and it worked well. I have previously used Goofbay for years and years. If you place a bid, then ebay notes that and it pays dividends later. Use Gixen correctly and it works. I really like the simplicity of it all. Thanks for your efforts and good software.
Regards
Alex
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: First Time User

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.