Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Suggest bid with v long lead time for testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Suggest bid with v long lead time for testing Reply with quote

It is always useful to test that things work before using them. I would suggest an option, for individual auctions, to be able to place a bid within a few minutes of entering the snipe. I have done this with sniping software; I enter a bid that has no chance of winning, and is to be placed within a few minutes. E.g., a bid of $10 on an auction for a car finishing days later (and if I accidentally win - great!) If the bid fails to be placed, I have an indication that there is a problem and can rectify it with plenty of time. Perhaps premium subscribers could set any time they want, while free subscribers could only set "5 minutes from now"? This needs to be an individual item setting, not a general configuration. It could also be useful to make a bid of this type say one hour before the auction I'm really interested in ends, to check that everything is working close to the real time.
dlynwild1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: yes, please do this Reply with quote

To reduce the chance losing due to a glitch, I've actually considered using 2 sniping services on a few really important auctions, but was afraid they might somehow conflict with each other (yes, I'm a mirror subscriber). I really like the idea of having a per item setting to enable doing a test bid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.