Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

MYSTERIOUS SNIPES APPEARING ON MY ACCOUNT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tio200

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: MYSTERIOUS SNIPES APPEARING ON MY ACCOUNT Reply with quote

311758596105: THERE WERE TWO ITEMS ON MY SNIPES LIST THAT I DID NOT PLACE THEM. I deleted one and when I scrolled down and reviewed my future snipes, I noticed another that I am certain that I did not wish to purchase..and it was in German. I have had problems with my ebay and others sites where the language suddenly starts producing german!
Rickajho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the (maybe) wrong items added:

Are you sure? Scroll down this page to the posts titled Wrong Item Name in Gixen Scheduler You may have the right item - but eBay may have introduced a new "feature" where eBay screws up the item description now and then. Someone reported in that thread::

Quote:
I've been seeing eBay itself mixing up item titles for a couple of weeks now. What it displays in the title of the browser tab/window sometimes is completely unrelated to the title and description of the item shown on the page! I think if Gixen is grabbing the <title> element of the page, it's picking up eBay's bug.

I would suggest double checking those questionable item numbers in your browser. You may be deleting things you actually do want to bid on.

Regarding your "German problem":

Have you checked your browser settings? You may have somehow added German as a default language option for displaying pages in your browser.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me with details - I would like to investigate this. I don't recall this ever happening before.
tio200

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: UNKNOWN SNIPES Reply with quote

#311758596105. this is one of the items that I recently noticed on my snipes list and it is from germany. the same as the one that I have already deleted. The problem might have come from me sniping a lot of items from TWOSTAMPMAN; a ebay seller, his items start with the same four numbers, but I am sure that i was careful in writing the correct numbers.Sometimes when I go to a web site such as the USPS site I see the word Englis instead of English, perhaps my computer is being watched by others.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: UNKNOWN SNIPES

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An outside influence wouldn't cause these issues, changes in display would only be affected by things you do on your side.

When you add snipes how do you do that... do you type in all the numbers via the keyboard, or use Cut and Paste, or import your watch list, or some other method ?
tio200

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN SNIPES THROUGH MY ACCOUNT Reply with quote

I almost always use the paste method, occasionally I get warnings from Gixen that it can not add this item (1, 2. ) etc., but that is usually because I didn't manage to include all of the item numbers, so i usually go back and double check. i will just delete any snipes that I do not recognize and see if it happens again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

Before you delete them... can you please click on the item number link, just to check that that takes you to the incorrect listing that you think it does... or to one that you do mean to snipe.

I'm just wondering, as Rickajho did first on this thread (above), if it could be related to the display issue others have experienced recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.