Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Possible Buy it Now bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Possible Buy it Now bugs Reply with quote

1. On one auction, with both a buy it now AND auction, Gixen did not notice that the buy it now had occurred 6 DAYS ago. Only received a notice when the auction ended, but the sale had occurred days ago. (192029175892)

2. If a bid is created for a Buy it Now/Best Offer, Gixen thinks the auction is minutes to close and sets the "Time to End" and "Status" as "ENDED".
tio200

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: AUCTION LISTING NOW CHANGED TO BUY IT NOW Reply with quote

311750184518 EBAY had this listed as an auction sale with a very low start price, so I used GIXEN to place a snipe, but now the listing has been changed to a BUY IT NOW price at 20 times the original start price. yet GIXEN still has my bid at the low start price. When the sale date is over won't my bid be ignored or dropped, yet GIXEN still as my bid as valid? This has happened to me before, I am thinking of entering a manual bid on very low priced items to keep the auction from being changed as ebay doesn't allow a bid placed to be ignored even if the listing is changed.. or do they? Also it is best not to visit a site more than once because the listings seem to raise their prices if they see traffic and interest, one guy raises his starting price from from$150 to $350!
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Gixen will check for a biding field after the snipe has been added... you wouldn't be able to edit that snipe though... and you are correct that it wouldn't result in a bid at the time the auction was due to close either.

Ebay wouldn't allow an auction to be transformed into a Buy It Now only item if a bid had been placed, it probably would allow the addition of a Buy It Now option in addition though.

They also allow the seller to cancel the auction (and thus all the bids), even when bids have been placed, and then relist as 'Buy It Now' only item... It would mean that a new auction id was allocated to it in that case though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.