Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't place bids on multiple auctions that end at same tim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modemmaverick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Can't place bids on multiple auctions that end at same tim Reply with quote

I'm wanting to bid on about 33 auctions all ending at the same time by the same seller. I can schedule about 22 or 23 of them by changing the offset time on each one before the system tells me that I can't schedule this auction because I have another one ending at the same time. I thought when I bought my mirror subscription that the limit on number of bids was removed. I've searched through the FAQ but can't seem to find anything about this.

For example, I cannot add a bid for this auction (201695437191) to my bid list at this time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a single Mirror subscription you can have as many snipes as you want, but unfortunately not if they all end in the same second.

That many auctions at the same second, I'm sure you agree, is quite exceptional.

The reason this restriction was added is because if you bid on auctions at the same second Ebay tends to suspend your account.

The best I can suggest, at this time, is that you set up multiple Ebay accounts to schedule more snipes. You won't get Mirror on the extra Ebay accounts, but do you really need it for this many auctions in one second very often?

Ebay are happy for you to set up multiple accounts, all you need is multiple email addresses, and those can also easily be set up for free in seconds.

You can use the same Paypal account for all of them, Ebay has no restriction on that either.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
modemmaverick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many auctions ending at the same time can 1 gixen account paired with 1 ebay account handle? Trying to figure out how many ebay accounts I need to setup to handle 33 auctions.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are 15 offsets I would have thought it could only handle 15 auctions ending in the same second from the same Ebay account... but perhaps you know better if you have managed 23 already?

Obviously Gixen handles many Ebay accounts for many different users, so with multiple accounts the limit would be thousands before Gixen servers had any capacity issue.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

modemmaverick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided just to snipe the 9 auctions that already have competing bids on them (24 of the auctions have no bid at this point). I have scheduled those 9 on gixen with different offset times, but I've noticed that the mirror has them all set to go at 6 (by default). Do I need to change the mirror auction settings so that it doesn't try and submit all 9 mirror bids at the same time?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advise having different Mirror offsets, from each other, too.
Curious user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it still a thing, that eBay will suspend your account for bidding on things at the same exact time?

Because I just imported 175ish auctions with only about 4 or 5 different ending times lol
Curious user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chickened out and deleted them all. How come there's no issue when the mirror bids at exactly the same time, every time?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that it's more about logging in multiple times at the same time from the same location... Mirror and Main are different locations.
Curious user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd THINK that eBay would be more concerned with "same time bids" coming from different locations! haha
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that sarcasm, Curious user ?

If not I'm not with you, sorry.
Curious user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sarcasm. What I'm saying is that it is way more likely for a person to be able to bid on multiple items ending the exact same second FROM ONE LOCATION. Than it would to do the same thing from multiple locations.

I mean, multiple locations should be all it takes for eBay to raise a brow towards a user. I'm really surprised we get away with that at all, when using Sniping services!

It's WAYYYY more shady than bidding on 10 items ending the same second, all with the same location...
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite common for users to log in from different locations... via their mobile device network, at home, at work, on holiday, on a business trip, at the airport, while having a drink at the local bar, etc.

It isn't sniping that Ebay is trying to preclude, it never has been... if it were they could easily do so, and would have done it many years ago, had it ever been their aim.

Ebays measures are always directed at trying to avoid users accounts being compromised by third parties, especially via automated means... and from that point of view logging in multiple times from the same location at the same time looks far more like that sort of activity than it does normal interaction that users engage in every day.
Curious user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...logging in and bidding 50 items in 1 second... from the same spot, looks less like a compromised account than logging in and bidding 50 times in one second from different spots. To ebay.

Gotcha. Seems weird, though! I'm gonna shoot them an email and see exactly what their policy is on "same second" bids.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I say, I doubt it is about when the bids are placed, but about when the login to their site happens.

That is not to say the bidding is not important to Ebay, it is... If you log in too many times without making any bids at all they don't like that either, or, at least, they have configured their software to take action aimed to limit account activity if that occurs too often.

I doubt you will manage to get any response regarding how their fraud protection measures are configured... but if you do, please share it, if not here, at least with Mario, as it could be useful in figuring out in what way Gixen might be configured/updated in order to avoid and/or reduce the occurrences of Ebay blocking accounts with Captchas.
thunderblue600

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Ebay Concierge Team Has No Issue on 4 items ending same time Reply with quote

Dear Forum
Delighted to have just signed up with a two year subscription - Gixen has come highly recommended and I admire the honesty & ethics.
Anyway I am a very active seller on Ebay with over 3200 positive ratings.
Also I actively buy more often collections/job lots.
Ironically it was the Ebay Concierge Team in Dublin that alerted me to 'sniping' as I lost out recently - I used to have my max bid ready - with no apparent competing bids - 5 seconds to go hit send and got outbid.
So if you cant beat them join then!
Anyway this seller - who I previously purchased 50 male erotic mags tonight has four listing ALL ending at 22.14 and 38 seconds!
Can ANYONE here explain this logic?
So I contacted Ebay and was totally up front about my intentions and could my account possibly be suspended if I bid for ALL four items using Snipe.
'NO ISSUE AT ALL We do not have a policy on this'
As an active seller I give 631 customers ( since Nov 2017 ) at least 2-3 mins between each listing.
Only wish I had discovered Gixen much sooner - it should so take out the stress of the last minute adrenaline explosion!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue with placing many bids at the same time may not actually be related to the bids themselves... I think it more likely as a result of multiple logins happening in the same second... which, with a sniping service like Gixen, are also automated and occur a fixed time before the bid is to be placed.

In the fairly near future this issue is likely to go away entirely, when the next generation of the sniping software, currently being developed by Mario, goes live.
tio200

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: BIDING ON AUCTIONS BY THE SELLER THAT END AT THE SAME TIME Reply with quote

i ACTUALLY WROTE TO THE SELLER WHO HAD MULTIPLE AUCTIONS ENDING AT THE SAME TIME,(BEFORE gIXEN) AND HE ARRANGED TO HAVE THEM STAGGERED SO THAT THEY WOULD END SEVERAL MINUTES APART!
guardian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowin 2022, do we still have to space out our bidding time? I would like to bid on 10-15 items from a single seller which all end exactly at the same time.
guardian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Nowin 2022, do we still have to space out our bidding time? I would like to bid on 10-15 items from a single seller which all end exactly at the same time.

*Now in
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, as mentioned above things changed, quite a few years ago now, so that auctions ending in the same second no longer cause issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.