Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBay blocks fixed by chrome extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robandjack2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: EBay blocks fixed by chrome extension Reply with quote

The sniping site bidnapper recons it has an extension to chrome that'll get around the eBay verification blocks that have completely killed my gixen account.
Can you not come up with something similar as I'm forced to move to bidnapper at their extortionate rates.
If you could develop such an extension for subscribers only say, I would be happy to double my current subscription rate.
Rob
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Gixen has something slightly different to overcome the problem - a socks proxy settings for your browser. I'm not familiar with bidnapper's add-on, but it's likely an automatic way to achieve the very same thing. Please email me for details.
robandjack2011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario, I've tried gixen's remedy and it hasn't worked. I don't think the massive argument I had with eBay customer service about my rights to use whatever service I like so long as it doesn't affect ebay's software etc. Didn't help.
Bidnappers add on apparently is unique and clones the user's ip address I'm guessing??
If gixen could create a locally hosted add on that might work because I can still bid from home just fine (via gixen proxy at the moment)
Rob
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is robandjack2011 the Ebay id that you are using to schedule snipes on Gixen?

If you can bid with the Gixen socks proxy enabled, it should be possible to get the Gixen software to be able to do the same for you.

What is the status that Gixen is currently giving your snipes after they have completed?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:

robandjack2011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen just comes back with unable to bid phone or text verification requested by ebay.
I've done everything , disabled flash, cleared cookies, set proxy but they've got it in for me I'm sure lol
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had Mario look into it personally by communicating with him direct via email at the support address given on the Contact tab?

I don't think this idea of a plugin is going to gain any traction unless there is a great deal more information about what, exactly, it is supposed to do. Have you got any references that you can provide that would provide that sort of information?

I can't find any reference to it, at all, using Google to try to track it down, at the moment... So, where have you gained your information about what Bidnapper are doing?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, FWIW, this is what Bidnapper has to say:

Quote:
Ensure your bid is not blocked by eBay's captcha or phone/email verification with our exclusive Browser Cloning. While rare, it does happen, so follow the steps to make sure it doesn't happen to you.

Whatever they are doing, it involves either a plug-in for FireFox or an extension for Chrome. (They do not have a fix for IE.) You log into BN using the plug-in or extension, then log in to Ebay with your browser ~ some magic happens ~ and they allege if you follow the procedure only once you will not have a verification problem again.

Sounds like they are capturing and then faking IP addresses? Dunno.

This is a recent development and the info may not be visible unless you are logged in to a BN account. A blurb about it will show up on your auction listing page once logged in to the site.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I can't see any indication that they are doing anything that you can't already do, or is being done by Gixen already, by other means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.