Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Currency

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekmbowman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Currency Reply with quote

Sorry for the other posts. I tried to post and got error messages, tried again to see if I could get another error and it posted so tried again replicating the first post and still posted. Ended up by looking like a tit.

My question was about currency and I found the answer some way back in the forum. However it seems like a reasonable faq question, maybe it could be added. Too late to save me the embarresment of looking like a tit but might help others.

Question:- What currency are my bid amounts in Gixen. Answer Bid amounts are always in the auction currency.
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a FAQ would be nice and yes, Gixen doesn't do currency conversion: it simply uses the auction currency, as you correctly point out.

I'll start collecting questions and answers (yours is the first) and begin developing a FAQ. Mario will have to check it before it's posted, but hopefully a volunteer effort will save him time so he can focus on keeping Gixen the best sniping service available.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
cross3_16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, expanding the current FAQ page would be a good idea.

Here's one I think we need:

Q: Why was my snipe not submitted?

A: There are a quite a number of reasons:

Caused by the bid itself:
- Your bid may not have been sufficiently high to overcome the bid increment eBay uses for auctions ... etc. etc.
- There may be restrictions on your bid due to location, lack of PayPal account, low feedback score ... etc. etc.

Caused by eBay
- eBay may have updated it's software, causing an error submitting your bid ... etc. etc.

Caused by Gixen
- The server was rebooted ... etc. etc.
-

... etc. etc. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.