Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen web service outage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Gixen web service outage Reply with quote

Gixen main server (Chicago) got rebooted by the hosting facility staff around 3pm PDT (Aug 25). At this time the web service failed to start again and made the site inaccessible. Unfortunately I noticed this very late, so the web site was down for 9 hours or so.

Good news is that snipes continued to execute during this time, only users were not able to make any changes. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew,

For a minute there I thought you'd been bought out by Microsoft or Google Wink

By that I mean, nothing ever seems to work properly after that happens... so I'm glad its not the case... I'm sure you've had some good offers though.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile No danger of something like that happening. This is such a small (and unprofitable) business, I don't see how any big company could possibly be interested. Plus the nature of it - ebay still keeps it in a grey zone and doesn't allow API to be used for this purpose.

And no legit and serious offers either. Some people contacted me asking for some stats in order to make an offer, but I wasn't interested. It was probably the competition trying to get some useful info from me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.