Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Parse an ebay item URL in form for easier cut/paste

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grgball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Parse an ebay item URL in form for easier cut/paste Reply with quote

I may have missed an obvious shortcut for adding snipes on eBay items, but I currently grab the URL link from an eBay search results screen, and manually edit out the unnecessary characters... to save typing in the item id.

So for example (no particular reason) - I could rightclick on a SSD drive and copy this URL:
http //www ebay.co.uk/itm/MICRON-64GB-6Gb-s-Real-SSD-C400-mSATA-MTFDDAT064MAM-1J2-/252257947055?hash=item3abbbcccaf:g:~xkABCDabABCabAB

And then delete the bit before and the bit after to get to "252257947055"

It's easier to work this way if you have several items to add and they are all in different tabs in a browser.

What if gixen's 'add new snipe' form could take the full URL and find the right digits automatically?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It already does this when the URL is in the format:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123456789012?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I am guessing that it depends how you search what format of URL you get?

Personally, I always review the listing page, so I cut and paste the auction number directly from there.

Later edit:

I just tried your URL, that worked too for me... have you tried it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.