Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bidding increments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marios_savvas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Bidding increments Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have read the FAQ but the answer to my query there was not something I could understand fully so I would like to ask here.

I am preparing to snipe a very rare item which I would like to win. It's currently way under market but there could be other 'snipers' in waiting.

I am willing to pay a relatively high price for the item which has $25 dollar increments.

Now if I enter my max bid within Gixen, which happens to be several hundred dollars more that the current highest bidder, will Gixen bid my highest bid 6 seconds before auction close, or will it simply enter the next increment?

You see, I am more than willing to enter my highest bid that I am willing to pay, but I don't want to spend several hundreds of dollars when I don't have to.

Best Regards to all
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the relevant question from the FAQ page:

Quote:
If I enter my maximum bid in Gixen, will I have to pay that amount if I win?

Not necessarily (except for Dutch auctions). All Gixen does is enter your maximum bid on eBay just before the auction closes, and then eBay's proxy bidding system takes over. The winning bid amount will be the second-highest bid plus up to one increment, which could be much less than your maximum bid. Thus, you should always enter your maximum bid in Gixen, just as you would if you entered it manually directly on eBay. An important exception are Dutch (multiple-item) auctions, in which you pay what you enter (provided you win).

To summarise Gixen submits your bid but Ebay only makes you pay, at most, one bid increment more than the next highest accepted bid.

You have done the correct thing by entering as your snipe amount the maximum amount that you are willing to pay for the item.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Dutch auctions have been discontinued by ebay for a long time already, so I should probably remove the note about them from FAQ.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I must admit that was partly why I quoted it here... Smile
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

Newbie12345

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is such a rare item and you can be available to watch the end then you can also bid on ebay yourself just to be sure. That combined with gixes will make sure nothing should go wrong.
As long as you use the same ebay account ofcourse.

Gixen will be probably be enough as it has been for me for thousand of auctions. But if it such a rare item then better be safe then sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.