Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

keep losing auctions by one increment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttgtricksh0tzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: keep losing auctions by one increment Reply with quote

Hi guys,
my problem is basically the title.
I have tried with main and mirror default setting and 10 and 8 respectively
I understand it's probably another sniper with a higher maximum bid but is there any way to prevent that?
Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay only ever makes the highest bidder pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder.

So if you are losing by one increment that does not mean that the winner was only prepared to pay that much, their bid may have been much higher than that.

Sniping, with any offset you choose, will not win auctions where someone is already prepared to bid more than you are willing to pay... The only way to win such auctions is to bid higher than they are willing to pay.

One further observation I would make on such cases, if another buyer is prepared to consistently pay above the market rate for items over and over again, sooner or later they will run out of money. If they are below the market rate they can continue forever if they can sell what they get on at a profit before the next item comes up to buy... In those cases you have to get closer to the market rate or you will never win those items.
Ramona

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Cupid says, you need to bid more.

No matter when the bid is placed, or whether it's placed manually or by a sniper like Gixen, the person who is willing to pay the most will win the auction.

(Yes, I know there are rare exceptions when the bid is less than one bid increment above the current high bid, but as a general rule highest bid wins.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to beware of sellers with fake accounts who bid on their own items to drive up the cost.

First decide what you are willing to pay, enter the amount and then forget it.
If you lose the bid, don't sweat it, someone will sell another and most likely for less.

Don't reveal what you are willing to pay in advance. That's the primary purpose of sniping.

99% of the stuff on Ebay is junk you can live without.

I go to Ebay for deals, not to over pay.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.