Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Reload main page UI improvement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reload main page UI improvement Reply with quote

Problem: I have logged in, added a new auction or modified an existing one, and I would like to see my list of auctions updated... but when I refresh the page it asks me if I wish to resubmit the form (which, if I do, will fail because the changed information is already in the system).

This is by far my most common use case... I put in a bid a few minutes before the end of an auction OR I notice an old auction OR I had the page up for a long time and I suspect the auction prices have changed... and I now want to see the new information.

There are 2 solutions that occur to me:

1) Upon submission of a form, perform a redirect, so that the last page loaded is now not the page submission POST HTTP request, but a regular page load GET request.

2) Make the "Gixen Main - Chicago" tab a link back to the same page, I can click that instead of refresh, to get the same results page loaded again with updated information.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilna,

Just click on "Add" with all fields empty, that will accomplish desired effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.