Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What would I need to know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lirum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: What would I need to know? Reply with quote

I run a small side business selling neck ties that I source from ebay. For the past several months, Gixen has been fundamental in allowing me to acquire inventory.

But, until now I haven't had an acquisition budget. Before now I have been playing it rather risky, placing more snipes that I could potentially pay for, knowing that only 1/2 will be effective. That has screwed me over, twice, so now I involve some spreadsheets and what not to be sure I am covered.

My question is what languages would I need to know if I wanted to build something that interfaced with Gixen (I'm assuming through the API?)? I want to build something that tracks all active Gixen bids in aggregate, compares that against my Paypal balance/sourcing budget for the month, and tells me whether I have enough to place more snipes or not.

I have other ideas too, but what I want to do is not the point (other than I have no desire to make a competing product with Gixen).

I haven't dabbled further with programming other than simple Java, but I do learn fast, have a lot of time, and have desire to know this stuff for use in jobs when I'm older.

But I have no idea what Gixen uses to make best use of my time. Can someone here point me toward what languages/tools I need to have an understanding of to build something with the Gixen API?

Thank you in advance!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The API:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1359

is an http call and response interface, so you can use any language that will interface with that. In my experience most will allow you to do that and certainly Java has utilities that enable you to do so.

Much of the Gixen interface is, I believe, written using PHP, but I don't think there is any particular advantage to you in using it as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
The API:

gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1359

is an http call and response interface, so you can use any language that will interface with that. In my experience most will allow you to do that and certainly Java has utilities that enable you to do so.

Much of the Gixen interface is, I believe, written using PHP, but I don't think there is any particular advantage to you in using it as well.

Mark, I appreciate the quick response and direction. Glad that I can keep going in Java too.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.