Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Password Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlazyd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Password Problem Reply with quote

I have a paid Gixen account and always log in just fine. Today it says my password is no good. I changed it on eBay (didn’t want to) and still no luck logging on to Gixen. Logged off, shut down, restarted etc. No luck.

What to do?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally special characters are at the root of the problem, so you may wish to review your use of those in your new password.

When you change your password, as you have just done, it is quite common for Ebay to insert captcha screens during the log in process when the Gixen server tries to log in on your behalf, which prevents it from logging you in automatically. You may not see them when you log in from home where you changed the credentials, but Ebay can detect that the request is coming from a computer that is remote from your own, this is usually only temporary, so if you wait 24 hours you may find the problem 'fixes itself'.

Otherwise, for issues with passwords it is usually best sorted out via email, Mario can be contacted via the support address on the Contact tab above.

When you contact Mario please include your Ebay id, but not your password because email is not a secure enough medium for those... you may wish to mention any special characters that you use though.
trnbob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from unfortunate experience, check whether your CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK buttons are set to generate the characters as used in your password....I've spent a lot of time re-learning this, as many more passwords become case-sensitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.