Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

grouping and total cost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vilasman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: grouping and total cost Reply with quote

A few suggestions if these ideas have not already be implemented.

1. Could you make it possible to display just the items that are in a particular group

2. Could you make it possible to display all the items that will end on a given date? IE What I really want to know what items I can win in a given week and how much I would owe

3. Could you make it possible to add up... an easy way to know how much I will owe if I win everything I am bidding? IE I want an easy way to know how much I would be spending on ebay if I won everything I am bidding in a given week and for the month

4. This may be really difficult to implement but it's a thought. Lets say I am bidding 7 groups of things. Lets say that somethings are a priority for me to get and others I want if the price is really low. So as time goes on...and I am not winning stuff and I see that I need to raise my bid price on the things that are a priority to win, it would be nice to able to track the average wining bid for a given group and be able to suspend bidding on a lower priority item.

I like the program, i am coming from Myibidder and I found nothing wrong with it.... but I like this better. Hopefully there will be an android app
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I agree that this is needed, I will try to add it soon.
2. This is more difficult to implement in the current interface, but I will see what I can do. I agree it would be useful if you have a lot of snipes scheduled.
3. You mean the sum of all your maximum bids? The answer to this is probably no, and I am not even sure how useful and accurate this information would be. Remember that you may not win an auction for your maximum bid, but often for far less.
4. This is somewhat scary - I cannot implement anything that doesn't have a clear criteria - what happens when, why and how. Otherwise it would be a nightmare to debug and justify to customers what happened.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to support software and developers when the people actually listen too and engage the users.

I see the issue with implementing #3 & 4 .... let me let this idea out. I am a contractor I use and buy power tools and I am trying to get them for 50 to 75% of big box store and online outlet prices. So if I get an item at my price then I haven gotten lucky... and I did this week. I got a almost $500 item at a little less than half price. I really wasnt expecting to win that item. Now I had set a max amount that I wanted to spend for the week, ( would be nice to able to set max amount and then have the program delete the other items when it is reached) and the $228 win immediately ate up the money that i would have sent on 4 other groups of items that I had bid at $50 each.

2 more item groups, I watched what they were selling for (would be nice to be able track average selling prices by group (I guess you could just leave the ended bids in the list) so you can get idea of what you need to bid to win.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure see your point, no doubt this would be useful to you. But how many other users would find it useful enough to justify the effort of implementing it?

This kind of specific application and need is what Gixen API exists for. With Gixen API you can implement whatever logic you want, but the development effort shifts to you.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

zaunseder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I find the idea, to be able to show all bids of one specific group very helpful. It might even be an idea, to be able to change all the bids of a group in one go (increas/decrease bid).
CU,
Bernhard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.