Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Recent eBay software update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Recent eBay software update Reply with quote

I haven't had a lot of sleep in the morning of the Aug 19th.

As you may know, sniping services work by scraping eBay pages and thus imitating browsers. Any change in ebay page(s) structure results in problems for sniping services.

So, eBay rolled out a new software some time around 3.50 AM EST on Thursday morning, and soon after I got alerted (and woken up) that something is wrong. What followed is a fixing it in the middle of the night, and I was able to release the fix less than 2 hours later, at 5.36 EST.

I looked today at the auctionsniper forum (http://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/385608021/m/2881047732), and guess at what time they restored their site? 1 PM. In fact, it is obvious that nobody lost their sleep over this, and that they started working on it in the morning, after they had a good night sleep.

And some users even thanked them for "keeping up the good work". Unbelieveable.
courteousbuyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Lost sleep Reply with quote

Thanks very much Mario for your hard work!

How do you stay notified of eBay software updates?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have alerting routines - when several snipes fail in a row for unknown reason, they send an email (or sms on my cell, depending on how I set it).
Lee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: what price glory? Reply with quote

Never mind, Mario. You're still OUR Hero. Smile
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: what price glory?

Ben

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: jup ! I agree. Reply with quote

your dilligence will pay out !
i am sure of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Blog All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: