Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Minimum bid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsugimichi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Minimum bid Reply with quote

I would suggest to allow users to add a minimum bid to their snipe.

It can be useful since a lot of people are using snipers on ebay auctions, for exemple someone don't set a minimum bid and the wanted item is at 400$, it will add 0.05$ at the last second of the auction but if someone set a minimum bid of 410$ it will set 410$ at the last second.

We can also think of permitting the user to add an edge to the bid, for exemple 10$ more that the current price, so if the item is at 400$ it will pay 410$.

Thanks for reading. (sorry for mistakes)
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry your suggestion makes no sense, to me.

If the bid you set as snipe in Gixen is not the maximum that you are willing to pay for the item then I do not think that you are understanding how to use the site to your best advantage.

Also note that there is most often no way for anyone, including the Gixen software, to know the amount of the highest bid before an attempt is made to place yours, Ebay only reveals the true amount of a bid once it is outbid, before that the bid is shown as one bid increment more than the next highest bid.

When there are already bids placed on the auction, Ebay will only ever accept bids that are at least one bid increment more than the current auction price.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not so - ebay proxy bidding increases bid up to user's maximum using their proxy bidding system. Also, price is increased by an increment pre-set by ebay (google for "ebay bid increments" and you will find a page that explains this).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.