Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sniper vs Nibbler: Deathmatch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nutjob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Sniper vs Nibbler: Deathmatch Reply with quote

I won an an auction in a strange way today, winning by less than an increment over the underbidder even though I bid 3 seconds before the end.

The underbidder was nibbling like crazy for the last 16 seconds getting in 7 bids, or about one every two seconds until he lost with his final bid 2 seconds before the end which was 37 cents short of my winning bid of $66.66. If he was just 50 cents higher he would have won an item that sells for hundreds of dollars.

Even though the conventional wisdom is that I should have bid earlier so that I would have avoided an "minimum increment" loss, in this case it actually saved me, since the guy was using the "bid again" button, given the price action, and that would have automatically bid one increment above my maximum bid.

Notch one up for the snipers, and let this be a lesson to the nibblers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.