Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

"Bid under asking price" . . . but not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: "Bid under asking price" . . . but not? Reply with quote

Hi,

I put in a snipe for item no: 130131165504

My bid price was 18.50. Here's my Gixen page after it ended with a bid under mine:

130131165504 ENDED 18.50 14.50 1 BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Why did I lose this auction?

Tamron AF-80mm-210mm F/4.5-5.6 Lens for Nikon - NIB

Sold price was 17.60 (not 14.50); Gixen links me to the eBay increments page, which says increment up to 25.00 is .50. Shouldn't I have gotten this for 18.10?

Not complaining, I know the risks when I use Gixen, but would like to know what happened (can a seller maybe set a higher increment manually? It's been so long since I sold I can't remember) so I can make a choice whether to try Gixen again (I've used it in the past, just once successfully, though -- I'm always too cheap with my bids Laughing ).

Thanks,

Rob

P.S. This was a pretty late snipe request, with about four minutes left, but Gixen took it, so I thought it was okay . . . maybe that's the issue?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob,

Increments are different for auctions listed in pounds - see GBP increment table at:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/bid-increments.html

Over 15 GBP increment is 1GBP Sad, this is why your bid was under asking price.

The second point I got from your email - I will see that I refresh prices of ended auctions as well (at this moment I refresh prices only of pending auctions).

Mario.
RobH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mario,

Durned Brits!!! Always making their own rules (I'm not a Brit, but I live in England . . .).

That explains it, then, pity, but that's life (no saying if the winning bidder bid above me anyway, as without a high enough bid for the increment, I can't really tell, so I might have lost even if I had bid 18.75).

Thanks for refreshing prices after; it was a bit confusing to me (but then, I'm easily confused).

Best,

Rob
the3coopers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario

If you haven't already thought of this - you might need to also change the link to the Bid Increments page when the User sets the Country setting / option?

Does, that make sense?

Cheers, John
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, crossed my mind, just was lazy to do it Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.