Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

out sniped!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
truebluedesigns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: out sniped!!!! Reply with quote

Something happened today and I am totally stumped. I set a maximum bid
in Gixen on 2 items. Somehow somebody bid 50 cents higher than my Gixen bid. It's almost like they knew what my maximum bid was. My losing box said "out sniped". What's happening here?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that the ebay proxy bidding system works is that the winner only has to pay one bid increment more than the next highest bidder, no matter how much their bid actually was.

So if the bid increment in the price range that you were bidding is 50c then this is to be expected quite often when someone has bid more than you.

In any case, the story of an 'outsniped' auction is that Gixen placed the bid and at that stage you were winning, then a later bid was place that was higher than yours so you did not win.

This does not men that the later bid was a reaction to yours, most likely someone just decided to schedule their bid later than yours, either manually or using software, as you did when scheduling your snipe with Gixen.

I don't recommend later snipes, as there are other issues that can cause you to loose even with later snipes for amounts that are higher than others are willing to pay... but the lesson to be learned is that there are other people out there that are also prepared to snipe auctions for this kind of item, and on this occasion they were prepared to pay more for the item than you were.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.