Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New layout suggestion...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippinbits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: New layout suggestion... Reply with quote

It struck me that I'd like a compact 1-line per item format of the table...perhaps a table isn't even necessary as this could be done with CSS. Judging from some other posts, people might not like the selection of columns shown below...but these would work for me.

Anyway, my proposal would be something like this:

The columns would be:
Item Number | chopped description | time left | snipe | current | qty | status | controls

190189488133 | HP Tablet PC - TC1100 Laptop [...] | 18:30 | 197.00 | 184.00 | 1 | SCH | E | D

If this line were hovered over, perhaps the full description could be shown.

The edit and delete could be icons of a pencil and trashcan, respectively.

The status could be an icon representing status rather than a whole word.

That way, more items could be shown on a page a little more concisely than it is now.

Further, column headings could be clickable to dictate the order in which the items are shown, like in Explorer.

What do you all think?

-Ken
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I understand what you would like, but trust me it's impossible to keep all the users happy... This layout is a pretty good compromise. When I release the API, anyone will be able to make whatever they want for themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.