Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Developing Gixen App for Pay-bidding sites like Qui-bids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfischer7777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Developing Gixen App for Pay-bidding sites like Qui-bids? Reply with quote

Have you considered developing a Gixen-type App for Pay-bidding sites like Qui-bids or Deal Dash etc. where each bid adds more time to the clock so bids would have to aim for a last second post to win? And of course you have the to ante-up so much money from which the cost of each bid is deducted. It would probably be helpful to develop some tracking software so that you could determine what times of the week, day or night result in the lowest cost winners for a given item - this tracking software might conceivably be applicable to the present Gixen system as regards to when auctions end (which day of the week, what time of day) produce the lowest cost winners, recognizing that bidders using sniping services will skew the results somewhat but it should be possible to identify potential snipe bids and adjust for that.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally the effort involved in developing applications to snipe on sites has never yet been justified by the amount of interest/traffic that those sites receive.

In any case are you certain that any site that extends the time of auctions will actually not do so if the bid is in the last second, I find that hard to believe without more evidence.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'ante-up' but I assume you are talking about a site where you have to pay for each bid made? I've never taken any interest in a site like that so I have no idea how they work, I can see how they make money for those sites though.

Use of Gixen data has been suggested in the past, however I don't think Mario has yet found anyone that would be interested enough in that data to make it a worthwhile money making exercise for Gixen and its users. He may also have ethical reasons why he would not wish to pursue that route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.